Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Daffodil


“Then my heart, with pleasure, fills and dances with the daffodils.” – William Wordsworth

There are more than 100 species of daffodils which are native to Europe, Asia and North Africa. Their scientific name is Narcissus and are usually white or yellow with six petals and a trumpet shaped central corona.The blooms symbolize rebirth as well as renewal and are one of the earliest bulbs to appear in spring.

A tryst with nature #daffodil




 I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z and https://www.theblogchatter.com


9 comments:

  1. I wasn't aware daffodils were also called Narcissus! Beautiful flowers aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. And I didn't know there were more than 100 species of daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daffodils and Wordsworth are inseparable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely pictures of Daffodils. Their bright colours evoke joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had known or rather seen only the ones like the middle image. Next time I hear of daffodils, I may have the other 2 images run through my mind! Such lovely captures they are. A visual treat :)

    ReplyDelete